Friday, October 17, 2008

I made it!




Yep - it's over. I am glad, but kind of sad too. It was a hard race - it rained the whole time and I ran the last 16 miles by myself. After mile 12-13, I felt pretty great the rest of the race. My time was 4hours 9minutes. I was really happy with that time since I beat my PR by almost 22 minutes. Will I run another marathon? I thought I wouldn't and this was my last, but I am considering another. Why would I put myself through that torture again? I don't know, but maybe the look on my face after completing the race says it all -- it is the look of accomplishment and relief. How many times do you get to see that with 3 kids under 5, a hubby who works a lot, and sometimes too many responsibilities? A marathon isn't just about the run, it is about all the things you have accomplished in your life up until that point . . .

2 comments:

The Bartel Bunch... said...

Yea!! Congratulations! That is really awesome! My brother-in-law ran that race too. He said the rain was a bummer but he beat his PR too. I might do a half marathon one day but I don't think I could do a marathon, I mean, YOU RAN FOR FOUR FREAKIN HOURS!

Leisa said...

Hey Robin! Thanks for the Christmas gift...I love that it was healthy and not sugar loaded! I wanted to leave you a comment so you can get onto the Smith family blog if your interested. Click on my name and then the family blog is called "Tink and Taz". Oh yeah, congrats (again) on the marathon. You are a super mom for sure!!